Red Sox place Story on 10-day IL with bruised heel
NEW YORK (AP) — Boston Red Sox second baseman Trevor Story went back on the 10-day injured list on Friday, 11 days after he left a game against Baltimore because of a bruised left heel.
Boston made the move retroactive to Tuesday and recalled first baseman/third baseman Bobby Dalbec from Triple-A Worcester.
The 29-year-old Story, a two-time All-Star, is hitting .238 with 16 homers and 66 RBIs after leaving Colorado and signing a $140 million, six-year contract with the Red Sox. He switched from shortstop to second with Boston.
He was on the injured list from July 16 to Aug. 27 because of a hairline fracture near his right wrist. He hit .362 (17 for 47) in 12 games following his return.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Angels, Ohtani avoid arbitration with record 1-year, $30M deal
- Marlins shut down Cy Young candidate Alcantara
- Judge stays at 61 homers on 61st anniversary of Maris' 61st
- To dream the impossible dream - and then decide it's time to let it go
- Castillo helps Mariners keep close to Blue Jays for top wild-card spot