Mexico City Capitanes to debut in G League this season
The Mexico City Capitanes will become the first Latin American team to be featured in the NBA G League during the 2021-22 season, the team announced Monday.
They'll be based in Fort Worth, Texas for practice and housing purposes this campaign due to international travel restrictions, basketball insider Marc Stein reports. The team will play all of its games in current G League markets, Stein adds.
The Capitanes, who previously played in Mexico's Liga Nacional de Baloncesto Profesional, were initially set to debut during the 2020-21 G League campaign. However, those plans were halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Capitanes' initial partnership with the G League was a five-year arrangement.
- Report: Gordon open to move, hasn't requested trade from Rockets
- Ballmer suggests Lakers fans may 'feel a little threatened' by Clippers
- The Pelicans are fumbling their way to a brighter future
- Melo 'can't be at peace' without winning title
- GOAT Sneaker Bracket Final: Air Jordan I vs. Air Jordan IV - Vote now!👇