Retired center Gortat rescued after running out of gas while boating
Rest easy, central Florida, Marcin Gortat is safe and sound.
Gortat was briefly trapped on an Orlando lake after his boat ran out of gas. However, a good Samaritan came to the retired NBA center's aid on Tuesday:
The Polish Hammer averaged 9.9 points and 7.9 rebounds per game in a career that featured stops with the Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, Washington Wizards, and Los Angeles Clippers.
Gortat hung up his sneakers for good after the 2018-19 season, evidently to devote more time to his true passion - cosplaying as Tom Hanks' character in the film "Castaway."
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- Bulls coach Donovan rips Bucks' Allen after flagrant-2 foul
- Harden's triple-double powers Nets past Spurs
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Jaren Jackson's defensive leap is powering the Grizzlies' rise