Report: Blazers acquire Jerami Grant from Pistons
The draft selection originally belonged to the Milwaukee Bucks and is protected 1-4, per Wojnarowski.
Detroit is also receiving the 36th overall pick in this year's draft, a 2025 second-round pick, and the most favorable 2026 second-rounder between Portland and the New Orleans Pelicans, while the Blazers acquire the Pistons' 46th selection in Thursday's draft, added Wojnarowski.
The reported trade gives Detroit $43 million in cap space.
Detroit acquired Grant from the Denver Nuggets in a sign-and-trade deal two years ago. The 28-year-old averaged 20.9 points, 4.4 boards, and 2.6 assists over 101 appearances with the Pistons. He finished second to Julius Randle in the 2020-21 Most Improved Player award voting.
Grant has one year remaining on his contract but can sign a four-year, $112-million extension with the Blazers six months after the trade is finalized, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
- Report: Jazz finalizing deal to name Celtics assistant Hardy as head coach
- Report: Westbrook to exercise $47.1M option
- Kyrie exercising $37M option with Nets for 2022-23: 'See you in the fall'
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Top 25 NBA free agents: The biggest names potentially available this summer