Lillard explodes for season-high 60 points vs. Jazz
Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard scored a season-high 60 points Wednesday in a 134-124 win over the Utah Jazz.
The Blazers guard joins Luka Doncic and Donovan Mitchell as the only players to score more than 60 points this season.
Lillard has scored at least 60 points on four different occasions in his career.
In addition to scoring 60, Lillard chipped in eight assists and seven rebounds. He's the first player in league history to have three games of 60 points, five rebounds, and five assists, according to ESPN Stats & Info.
Earlier in the game, the Blazers guard passed Zach Randolph for 69th on the league's all-time scoring list, eclipsing Randolph's 18,578 career points.
Lillard also moved up to sixth in 3-pointers made during the regular season, passing Vince Carter's 2,291 career makes.
The 32-year-old previously scored 50 points in a 119-113 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier in January.
Lillard is tied for the third-most career 60-point games, joining Michael Jordan and James Harden with four each, according to The Washington Post's Ben Golliver. Only Wilt Chamberlain (32) and Kobe Bryant (six) have more.
The Trail Blazers take on the Toronto Raptors on Saturday.
- Spurs trio, Dirk, D-Wade headline 2023 HOF class
- NBA, players reach deal for new CBA featuring in-season tournament
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo banned 1 game for headbutting Celtics' Griffin
- Raptors' Nurse: Time needed to reflect on coaching future
- NBA Podcast: Digging into the Wolves, Mavs, and Ben Simmons' latest setback