Jarvis Landry signing with Saints
Landry, a Louisiana native, is set to ink a one-year deal worth up to $6 million to join the Saints, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
The five-time Pro Bowl receiver drew interest from multiple suitors after the Browns released him earlier this offseason. The Baltimore Ravens reportedly eyed Landry, and he apparently declined an offer to return to the Browns.
The Saints have bolstered their receiving corps this offseason after the unit struggled mightily in 2021. The club selected former Ohio State star Chris Olave at No. 11 overall in this year's draft. Michael Thomas is also poised to return in 2022 after missing all of last season with an ankle injury.
New Orleans didn't have a receiver record more than 700 receiving yards last year while running back Alvin Kamara led the team with 47 receptions.
Landry, 29, caught a career-low 52 passes for 570 yards and two touchdowns during his final season with the Browns in 2021. A prolific slot receiver, the veteran wideout has registered 7,598 yards on 688 receptions over his career and nabbed 70-plus catches in seven of his eight campaigns.
- Robinson: Playing in Rams' offense will 'bring the best out of me'
- Jones: Giants declining 5th-year option 'out of my control'
- Fantasy Podcast: Offseason risers and fallers for every NFC team
- Ravens veteran punter Sam Koch retires after 16 seasons
- Minority GM, coach candidates invited to meet NFL owners