Bills GM Beane fine with Diggs' reactions: 'He wants to win'
"I'd rather have guys I got to cool off and just, you know, he wants to win," Beane said. "I can live with that versus, I've been around people that I question, are they just here for the Monday paycheck."
Beane added, "(Diggs) wants to win and so he wears his emotions on his sleeve, but that's what makes him really, really good."
Diggs spoke out on Twitter following a sideline spat with Josh Allen, defending the display as his desire to win. The 29-year-old receiver hasn't spoken to the media since his team was eliminated from the playoffs.
Diggs was selected to his third consecutive Pro Bowl this season after posting 108 receptions, 1,429 yards, and a career-high 11 touchdowns in 16 games.
The 46-year-old GM didn't hesitate to put himself in Diggs' shoes, either. "I'm an emotional guy, too, and if I was losing out there, sometimes I probably think I'd be worse than Steph."
- 5 storylines to watch as juggernauts square off in AFC, NFC title games
- Mahomes to start vs. Bengals despite battling ankle injury
- Falcons hire Saints' Nielsen as defensive coordinator
- Chiefs' Kelce questionable for AFC title game with back injury
- Report: DeMeco Ryans emerging as top HC candidate for Texans