NHL unveils 1st and 2nd All-Star teams for 2021-22
The NHL revealed this season's first and second All-Star teams on Tuesday night following the annual awards show.
Here's a look at the pair of star-studded lineups:
|C||Auston Matthews||Maple Leafs|
|RW||Mitch Marner||Maple Leafs|
Matthews, who won the Hart Trophy, Ted Lindsay Award, and Maurice "Rocket" Richard this season, made the first team for the first time in his career. Gaudreau and Shesterkin are also debutants on the list.
McDavid landed on the second team for the first time in his career after four appearances on the first unit. Tkachuk, Markstrom, and McAvoy each qualified for a postseason All-Star team for the first time.
In addition to the All-Star teams, the NHL released this year's all-rookie squad, headlined by Calder Trophy winner Moritz Seider.
|F||Michael Bunting||Maple Leafs|
|F||Lucas Raymond||Red Wings|
|D||Moritz Seider||Red Wings|
- Report: Pens not speaking regularly with Malkin, 2 years apart in Letang talks
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Scotiabank pauses sponsorship of Hockey Canada
- From joke to juggernaut: Avalanche's well-earned Cup completes cycle