Report: MLB to fine Baez for walk-off celebration
Baez was fired up after getting a hit off Reds reliever Amir Garrett.
The two started a benches-clearing incident in May after Baez confronted Garrett about his showboating. The left-hander was suspended for that fracas, and he said Tuesday that Baez should thank him for not reacting to being mocked.
The Cubs and Reds meet again Wednesday and Thursday to conclude a four-game series.
- Vladdy: 'I would consider myself the MVP'
- Blue Jays' Borucki ejected for throwing at Rays' Kiermaier
- Maddon implores Angels to improve rotation for 2022: 'This can't continue'
- Where does McGregor's disastrous 1st pitch rank among all-time worst?
- Rays clinch 3rd consecutive playoff berth with win over Blue Jays