Nurse: Anunoby could be out 'a while' with hip pointer
Toronto Raptors forward OG Anunoby won't play Thursday against the Utah Jazz and could be out "a while" with a hip pointer injury, head coach Nick Nurse told reporters, courtesy of Sportsnet's Michael Grange.
Anunoby sustained the injury in practice Wednesday and was initially listed as questionable for the road encounter, per The Athletic's Eric Koreen.
The 24-year-old leads the Raptors in scoring this season with a career-high 20.1 points per game through 15 appearances, and he's shooting 36.6% from distance on 7.5 attempts per contest. Anunoby's also averaging 5.4 rebounds, 2.7 assists, and 1.5 steals.
Toronto will also be without center Precious Achiuwa for a third straight game Thursday due to a shoulder issue. However, big man Chris Boucher will be available after sitting out Monday's defeat to the Portland Trail Blazers due to back soreness.
- Jokic's 49-point triple-double powers Nuggets to thrilling OT win
- Pacers roll past Lakers in 4th quarter for skid-stopping win
- Embiid ties career high with 50 points as 76ers pull away from Magic
- Report: Simmons plans to sit all season if not traded by deadline
- Can the disappointing Hawks turn it around?