Wizards select Johnny Davis with No. 10 pick
A standout sophomore who drastically improved last season in a starting role, Davis averaged 19.7 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 1.2 steals per game.
For his efforts, the Wisconsin native received the Big Ten Player of the Year honor, the Lute Olson Award for the most outstanding player, and the Jerry West Award for the best shooting guard. He also became a consensus first-team All-American.
The Badgers disappointed in the Big Ten and NCAA Tournaments, losing in the first round and second round, respectively. Davis' best tournament game came against No. 14 Colgate with a 25-point, eight-rebound performance.
Davis projects to be an instant impact player with his two-way ability and the potential to grow into a borderline All-Star.
College experience: Sophomore
Weight: 196 lbs
Max vertical: N/A
- Has the tools to be a great multi-positional defender with his size, effort, and awareness
- Drives to the rim with force no matter how many defenders are in front of him
- Good playmaker who finds open shooters and can navigate the pick-and-roll
- Can block shots and grab offensive rebounds as a guard
- Shot 31% from beyond the arc last season after recording a 37% clip during the first half of the campaign
- Doesn't create a lot of space offensively; takes a lot of contested shots in the mid-range
- Doesn't have a backup plan when his first look is taken away