Grizzlies' Adams out 3-5 weeks with PCL sprain
Adams sustained the injury during Sunday's 112-110 loss to the Phoenix Suns.
The 29-year-old is averaging 8.6 points, 11.5 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.1 blocks in his second season with the franchise. He leads the league in offensive rebounds with 5.1 per contest.
The Grizzlies acquired Adams in 2020. Memphis signed him to a two-year, $25.2-million contract extension in October.
The Grizzlies hold a 31-16 record, good for second in the Western Conference. They take on their playoff rivals, the Golden State Warriors, on Wednesday.
- Report: Doncic day-to-day after spraining ankle, out Saturday vs. Jazz
- Knicks owner Dolan: I have no plans to sell team
- Captains LeBron, Giannis highlight 2023 All-Star Game starters
- Trends to watch: The delicate balance between interior and 3-point defense
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected