Report: Suns hiring David Fizdale as assistant
The Phoenix Suns are hiring Utah Jazz associate general manager David Fizdale as an assistant under new head coach Frank Vogel, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Vogel and Fizdale worked together in 2021-22 during the former's final season as the Los Angeles Lakers bench boss.
Fizdale joins fellow Suns associate head coach Kevin Young, who reportedly was made the league's highest-paid assistant last week.
Fizdale spent less than a year with the Jazz. The 48-year-old was previously the head coach of the Memphis Grizzlies and the New York Knicks, posting a 71-134 record across parts of four campaigns.
Fizdale was also on Erik Spoelstra's staff for eight years, winning a pair of titles as an assistant coach for the Miami Heat.
- Draymond expects to miss 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain
- Kai Jones to miss Hornets camp, will be away from team indefinitely
- 5 potential landing spots for Jrue Holiday after Lillard trade
- Hardaway 'didn't know' if he'd still be on Mavs after last season's meltdown
- Report: Clippers sign Primo after NBA issues 4-game ban for detrimental conduct