Warriors praise Wiggins after strong two-way play in Game 1 win
The Canadian forward also operated as Mavericks star Luka Doncic's primary defender, limiting the Slovenian to 20 points on 6-of-18 shooting while picking up Doncic full court at times. The performance drew the attention of Wiggins' teammates postgame.
Klay Thompson, who shook off a cold first half to finish with 15 points, five rebounds, and four assists, offered similar praise and said this is only a sign of things to come for the dynamic wing.
"That's why he was the No. 1 pick. You can't teach that athleticism. You can't teach that length. You can't teach his timing," Thompson said. "I'm just happy that the world's getting to see who he really is, and that's an incredible wing player, and he will be like this for the next 10 years."
The Warriors will look to take a 2-0 series lead in Game 2 on Friday.
- Report: Jazz finalizing deal to name Celtics assistant Hardy as head coach
- Report: Westbrook to exercise $47.1M option
- Kyrie exercising $37M option with Nets for 2022-23: 'See you in the fall'
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Top 25 NBA free agents: The biggest names potentially available this summer